Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 3 of the snow and Hijo being home.

Today was hijo at home for day 3.  Today was not due to illness (hurrah), but due to weather.  We had another 3 inches of snow when I got up this morning, so hijo stayed home.  I am glad I made that choice, as the traffic report were scary. The roads were icy and the road we take to Lulu's house was completely snow covered and closed to traffic.  So hijo stayed home.  He did very well again.  I knew that I was at the end of the good behavior though, with him feeling better, there was no way he was going to hang out on the couch and let me work. 

So I notified my teams that I would be checking emails through the day, but they needed to call me if there was an urgent need on my studies and I headed out to shovel the driveway with hijo.  This is also known as "wear the little man out, so he naps and I can work undistrubed"
He volunteered to shovel the porch and did a great job.  I also wanted to show you how high the snow piles are by the driveway.  I put my shovel on the top of the pile and as you can see, the pile comes up to hijo's shoulders.  YIKES!!!!!

Hijo decided to dig for buried treasure.  It was quite the adventure.  
In the same area as the buried treasure, hijo got stuck in the snow- it came up to his hips.  And, we have more snow forecast for this weekend.  I am tired of snow!!!!!Hijo thought he was at the beach- he wanted me to bury his legs.  After this, we went back inside, I was getting to cold.

We headed over to Mam and Pap's to see if they needed help and when they did not, we headed to McDonald's to let hijo play some and wear himself out.  He had a great time.  There was only him and a little girl in the play area.  They had a great time playing.   I got the "evil eye" look for taking his picture one too many times today.  I think I am going to use this picture as my facebook profile picture after Valentine's day.

Hijo stayed with my parents this afternoon as I headed home to finish my work day.  The mailman brought him a Valentine's card with MONEY in it.  He was over the moon to get the $2.00 from Mam and Pap.  I think they got a thrill out seeing him open the card and being so excited.
Hijo showed me his exercising skills on the exercise bike.  He is so short that he hangs from the handle bars and pedals.  Too cute.


And we ended the day with hijo asking to take a shower- yep- a shower!!!  He decided after he was done, that he does nto want to take a shower again



And finally, I found these tonight, they are from Monday.  Hijo was working beside me- pretending to work like me.  He was writing and working on his computer, just like me. 
He is just too precious.

That is all for tonight.  Hijo is off to Mam and Pap's tomorrow (Lulu and Jason are sick), so I will have a day to work without the hombrecito hanging out with me.  I think it will be a quiet day tomorrow.

hasta pasta,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. He just gets more and more handsome! I love the one of him looking at the computer and writing. :)

    ReplyDelete