Saturday, January 22, 2011

channeling my inner gymnast and having fun with Bug

After a nice rest this morning- recovering from being away for 3 days and a mad rush through the airport (not so mad, since I got a ride on a cart) through Charlotte's airport, I was hoping to sleep until 9 am this morning.  Bug and I went to bed last night at 9 pm and he was wide awake at 7:30 this morning.  We went grocery shopping with Mam, cleaned up the house and then had a "rest" before heading out for MK2's birthday party.  Her birthday was at the YMCA- and was so cool.
Bug did some balance beam walking but he loved the tumble track.

Most of the kids loved this- they were running, jumping, occasionally flipping, and having a blast.  I even took a turn.






We hung on the bars.  I can reach the top bar and still touch the mat (the tips of my toes).  This is why I was never a gymnast, even though I wanted to be a gymnast.  By age 10, I was as tall as I am now.  But there is gymnast that lives inside me. 

Bug can now stand on the mat and reach the low bar.  Yep, my man is going to be tall.


He wanted to walk with his hands and arms straight down, then I told him that hands out to the side helped balance him- so this is what he did


after an hour of playing on the gymnastic equipment, and a drink, the cake and ice cream came out

And then the presents.  MK2 really liked our present and the card.


We got MK2 a "make your own princess tiara" and a book.  She was happy.

it was great to see her.  We missed her party last year because Bug was sick.  And one year her party was delayed due to snow, but this year was awesome for us.  It was great to see her and her mom, MK.

Love and hugs,
Deb

I am going to look in to having a YMCA birthday party for Bug this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment