Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow day- can it be Spring, please??????

A snow day and I am definitely ready for Spring.  I am tired of cold, tired of snow, tired, tired, tired. Bug had the day off school.  The snow was scheduled to start around 4 am and continue all day.  The greatest amount of snow was scheduled to come between 10 am and 4 pm.  Mam called this morning at 6 am to let me know that the school district that buses Bug was cancelling classes.  I assume Bug's school was also closed.  At 8:30 am, Mam and I spoke again and she indicated that Bug's school was only on a 2 hour delay (dang it all).  I quickly checked the local news stations website and saw that Bug's school was cancelled- WHEW!!!!!!

Bug spent the morning playing cars on the floor in my office during all my morning meetings. We took a quick break at 11 am for me to fix lunch and for me to set up Bug's tent.  I also took the picture of the snow coming down.

 Bug spent the afternoon playing in the tent and watching movies.  He had a great time.


 I had one final meeting at 3 pm, that was supposed to last 30 minutes, but lasted 2 hours.  By this time Bug was through being good and he was tired of meetings- I was in meetings all day from 9 am - 11 and then 11:30-5 pm.  He did really well considering I could not pay attention.  When he came into the office, he was quiet.  He was just tired of waiting to go out in the snow.  So i had him get ready and then we went out to shovel snow and play.  An hour of playing has worn Bug out.  He is cuddled up beside me, yawning.










 After playing outside, we made home made pizza for dinner and watched some more movies. I still have meetings this evening- with my team in India.  So hopefully Bug will go to sleep early and I can finish up working. 

This was the best day ever with Bug home. He is really growing up - allowing me to work uninterrupted for most of the day and being a huge helper while we shoveled the driveway and made dinner.  I love my little boy.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment