Monday, January 24, 2011

playing at the park....... in the snow

After school and work today, I took Bug to the local park for some play time- as known as - "wear the little man out so he sleeps" time.  We were the only ones in the park that I saw.  The fact that no other kids were there was very disappointing to Bug.  He was looking for a friend today.  But we had a good time.

There was lots of swinging on the big boy swings. 

And then he saw the 3 story tall slide was not snow covered, so that was his goal.  The slide is at least 25 feet high, maybe 20, but let's just say it is tall.  In the summer, I have no problem with this slide, but the stairs had some snow and ice on them, as you can see.  I kept having visions of him falling off.  He had no issues with the snow and ice.


we then discovered that snowballs thrown at the slide, explode awesomely when they hit the metal and make the slide very slick which translates into very fast sliding.  Bug took care of the bottom of the slide and I threw snowballs up higher.

bug flew off the slide!!!!!  And he loved it  So while I am scared for him climbing the stair rungs covered with snow and ice, I have no problem creating a super slick surface for my little man to launch himself off of.  I wonder what this says about me as a parent?

After sliding, we took a walk down near the wet lands to see the animals- there were a number of birds flittering back and forth from bush to bush.  it was nice to see the birds in winter.  I think we will be making peanut butter covered pine cones dipped in bird seed this weekend.  Then we will see how many birds we can see in our back yard.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment