Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hi Baby- missing you

Hi Baby- I hope you are having a great time with Mam and Pap.  Here is the picture I took of you this morning before you left for school.  It is "western" day for the kindergartners.  I love the red hat and your smile.  You look like such a cowboy.  I hope you had a fun day at school, eating watermelon, waffles and other foods that start with "W".

Momma's plane ride to North Carolina was uneventful, though tiring.  racing through airports is not fun.  But I made all my flights and had a wonderful evening talking with Katie.  Katie used to be my Sunday school teacher and her husband, Walt, is the reason that momma now works in the pharmaceutical/CRO industry.

Katie is a blessing.  It was great to talk with her, visit her home and share fond memories of Walt.  Unfortunately, Walt died unexpected in December 2009.  He is missed very much.  Katie is a great woman of faith - though she lost her husband of 46 years, God's blessings are being poured out on her.  We had a wonderful dinner, talking and chatting, laughing and crying.  Katie enjoyed seeing your photos- she thinks you are the handsomest little man.  She loves your smile and she sees the mischievous glint in your eyes. I miss talking to Katie weekly and seeing her, but I know she is just a prayer and email away.
I am sitting here trying to log into the work sever and not getting anywhere, so hopefully IT will pick up the phone soon and I can get through my emails this evening before bed.  I will call you in the morning before you go to school.  I am missing you, but I will be home soon.

Have fun in the snow tomorrow and make sure Pap gets a nap. 

Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment