Wednesday, November 10, 2010

catching up on soccer

This week, Bug start 2 a week soccer activities.  Monday nights is Lollipop league (hand over his heart to hide his name tag).  He is on the orange team.  The lollipop league is 10 minutes of practice and then 30 minutes of game, much like the league he played on this summer.  This is the league that Bug begged to be on.  More on that below.


The weather here has been unseasonable warm.  The temps have been in the 70s during the day, but down in the 30s or 40s at night.  I spent yesterday evening putting my Christmas lights.  Yep, I put them up and after hearing that the day time temps are going to be in the 40s this weekend, boy am I glad I did.  I will not turn them on, but they are up. Bug and his friends have enjoyed playing outside for an hour after work before it gets dark.  I think they all have enjoyed wearing short sleeves and feeling comfortable in the Indian summer weather we are having.
 Tuesday nights, Bug has kiddie Kickers soccer.  This is the league I wanted him in.  25 minutes of coaching and instruction and then a 20 minute game. Bug runs around smiling so much during this league.  Before we left for soccer, Bug commented that he did not want to play soccer any more.  So after soccer last night and after some dinner, we talked about it.  I told him, if he did not want to play soccer, then I would support that.  he then indicated that he wanted to play soccer one time a week, so I let him choose.  He choose to play kiddie kickers.  I was really happy about that decision.  As I watched the lollipop league on Monday, I really felt Bug was in the wrong league.  The kids are older and they all seem to be more experienced, knowing positions and not really focusing on anything but the game.  That is not Bug at this point, he is still enjoying and he is still learning.  The fact that Monday night he never smiled once he was on the field and Tuesday night he smiled the entire time says it all to me.  He loves soccer, but he still needs the instruction on basic skills.  I am so pleased that Bug realized that 2 nights were too much for him, it shows huge self awareness.
 The positive- right after this picture, Bug turned to me and told me "Momma, get off the field".  Yes, my boy who cried for me 2 years ago, who checked for me each game last year, who wanted me as his coach this summer, told me to leave the field.  I happily headed over to sit with the other parents, enjoying the smiles from my son.  I enjoyed his dancing on the field (he was on the back line during the game), and was thankful that he was not the kids laying in the middle of field or doing flips on the field.  I was just happy that he told me to leave him on the field. 
 Tonight, Bug played outside with kids in the neighborhood again.  We were blessed with the girls from down the street who we have not seen outside for almost a year.  The girls had a great time outnumbering the only boy, Bug.  I am not sure Bug enjoyed it, there was a lot of drama during the playtime.
I think 2 night of soccer, wit an hour of playtime before each game, a special class after school (a science class) and another hour of playtime really wore Bug out.  He was out of control after playtime tonight and was asleep by 7 pm.  I am hoping and praying that he wakes up in a better mood.  Thankfully we have nothing planned, other than playtime, on Thursday night.


My adoption blessings have fallen by the wayside in print here, but they are on my heart.  I am thankful for all the steps that brought Bug and together as a family.  Without the pain, you can not experience the joy.  I do wish I can shield Bug from the pain, but I know he will be fine.  I wish I could have skipped the pain along the way I have had, but then I would not appreciate things like being told to leave the field as much as  I did last night.  I am grateful and thankful for a gracious God whose perfect plan opened the door for Bug and I to be a family. While in a perfect world adoption would not be needed, we do not live in a perfect world.  Bug has been loved by 2 families - his foster family, Carlos, Mireya, Susi, Karla and Nigua and their friends and relatives and our family.  I hope and pray his birth mother loves him, still thinks about him and wonders, but I don't know.  I do know she choose life for him and that speaks volumes to me.  Not that she choose this life for him, but she choose to carry him and give birth- that is a blessing that I am thankful for every day.

I have digressed, things are going through my mind at a mile a minute, lots I want to say, but things I can't say or wont say, or need to ruminate on some more.  more to come as I continue to count the blessings of adoption.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment