Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thursday- the week is flying by

Some more bike riding today.  The weather was warmer than what it looks like based on Bug's attire. But he was happy.  Rain came about 30 minutes into play time and we ended up playing at our house with little M.  I really am enjoying watching the boys grow closer as friends.  Although today, Bug was pretty much not into sharing and ended up in time out for his behavior during playtime.  But he was tired and tomorrow he will be fine.


This was the cause of the timeout- Bug not wanting to share his Bat.man toys.
 Tonight, we watched Bug's favorite movie- Mulan. Bug had some "chicken bones' which is his name for drumsticks.  I can not wait to see him eat Turkey drumsticks.  I might have to dig up a picture of me eating some Turkey drumsticks when I was about 8 years old. 

adoption blessings for Day 3 and Day 4:

day 3- my mom, she totally supported me from the day I told her I was thinking about pursuing adoption.  her support has never waivered.  She cheered me up in the long wait, held on to hope that Bug was coming home, she talked me off a few ledges during the wait and after Bug came home.  She continues to be the biggest source of support that I have.  I am so thankful for her.

Day 4: My sister- she too was a great support during the wait, but once Bug came home she became a huge support.  I know that even though I sometimes questioned her, the fact that bug spent 3 years with her has really helped his attachment.  He needed to be with family, he needed the sameness, and he needed the one on one attention.  Without her watching Bug while I worked, things would be so different.  No matter what I disagreed with, the fact that she poured out her time and energy and love on Bug has been a blessing beyond belief for Bug and me.  Thank you Lulu.


Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment