Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Tuesday musings and the start of indoor soccer

Today is election day here in the US- thank goodness.  I am so sick of political ads, phone calls and junk mail.  I counted 20 calls today on my home phone and work phone combined.  Seriously, once it is election day, every political phone call should stop.  I was so annoyed by the end of the day.

But on to the other news around the neighborhood.  let's go back to parent across the street.  Notice her girls- one in a skirt and another in just a light jacket, compared to Bug in his winter coat.  It was grey, overcast, cool and not more than 45 degrees today.  Bug's hands were like ice when we came in the house.




My son, dancing for joy- WHY??????????
 Because the ice cream truck came through the neighborhood.  yes, you read that right.  On a day when it was freezing in the morning and it was only 45 degrees outside, the ice cream truck came through.  Did the ice cream truck come during the summer when it was 90+ degrees - NO!!!  Did it come when it was 70 F last month- NO!!!!  But I guess the driver could save on cooling with the temperatures so low.


Tonight Bug began indoor soccer again.  The Little Man was beyond happy.  Seriously, he ran around the field with the biggest smile on his face.  he has clearly gained speed this year as he was getting to the ball during the drills and game.  Tuesday nights will be a skills night - 35 minutes of drills and position lessons and then 10 minute game.  Next Monday night, he starts league play.  Monday nights will be 10 minutes of practice/drills and 30 minute game.  I am hoping Bug lasts thru 2 nights of soccer and school and homework.  Thankfully it is only 6 weeks.




This is about half the class on Tuesdays.  It is a HUGE class.  I might not be able to get many pictures as my good camera is not working any longer, so I am back to the camera I bought before going to meet Bug for the first time. It does not take good pictures at all at indoor soccer.  I might take the video camera next week and get some fun video of him playing.



Today is also day 2 of National Adoption Month.  I don't really have any musing on adoption tonight.  But I am thankful for the friendship of E and C.  They have been such a blessing to me in this adoption journey.  While our adoption journeys were very different, the fact that they had adopted once before  was an incredible gift.  To be able to talk with E while we waited was a blessing.  To have their experience as parents (their oldest is 2 years older than Bug) and know I can ask any question, is wonderful.  Thank you E and C for being my friend.  Thank you Little E and Little C for being Bug's friends.  You guys rock!!!!!


Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment