Friday, November 05, 2010

Evil white flakes from sky are expected tonight- AKA first snow of the season

It's Friday!!!!!  It is a welcomed end to the work week, the start of the weekend and unfortunately the start of snow season.  Snow is due tonight- just flurries, but I really don't like snow. 

After work today, we headed over to the Farmer's Market.  Even thought it was a cold, wet day, Bug still wanted to play on the playground.  We had the entire playground to ourselves (nothing like 40 F degree weather to discourage other kids).  I was pretty cold, normally when I take Bug to the playground in this type of weather, I have my nice warm pants on- or at least leggings on underneath my jeans (I know too much information).  But I was hoping the rain/snow mix would start before we headed out.  Bug was happy though.




But the storm is coming. We headed into the Market.  The Market is indoors now, not as many vendors, but still lots of choices.  I volunteered this week to do the newsletter for the farmers market.  So I have to get a new email account set up so I can manage the 400 regular customers for the Farmer's market and the new folks who are added every week. 

 After the Market, I let Bug play for another 10 minutes and then we headed over to library.  As we pulled into the parking spot at the library- the snow/sleet/rain mix started.  Oh joy- it is officially now wont even though the calendar says we have another month until winter starts.

Bug  had a wonderful time playing trains.  There were 2 other kids who were playing with him, they kept stepping into the picture in front of Bug, so I had to use the pictures taken after they left.  It was so much fun to listen to Bug while he played- it was a 180 degrees different in his behavior today versus playing with M yesterday.  he was sharing, taking turns and interacting in a positive manner with the other kids.
 At the end, he asked for help setting up a circular track for the trains, so I sat with him and built the track using his suggestions (most of the time).  By the time the track was done, the library was almost closing. 
After the library, we headed to McDonald's for another hour of play time.  Bug ran and ran, up and down the slide.  I think I wore him out.  We'll see in about 20 minutes.

Alot of things packed into 3 hours. Now we are watching the movie Mulan.  Soon we will be off to bed.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment