Saturday, March 06, 2010

Building a rain guage- AKA how to have fun on a Saturday morning

We headed over to our favorite store this morning-- H.ome D.epot- we have missed you this winter.  The goal was to buy wood to build some more raised beds for our vegetable gardens, that failed- anotehr story for another day.  But the bonus was that they had the kids workshops this morning (first Saturday of every month, if you are interested).  So I thought I'd take hijo over and do the rain guage project.    Apparently lots of other parents had the same plan for Saturday morning, becuase it was crowded- maybe the sun and warmer temps had something to do with it.
Hijo loved it!!!  We are coming back next month to male a butterfly house.  Hijo got to keep his rain gauge, got  a certificate, a pin and a sticker- he was happy.

Of course, he had to ride the "tractors".  He had to start with the red ones, of course.  I bought some more blueberry plants that I now I have to keep alive in the house for a month before I can put them in the garden, but I can do it.

We also picked up the materials to prep the lawn mover for the grass cutting season.  Oh joy, oh happiness.  To think I used to like cutting grass- now I just want to take out my lawn and make it all gardens. 


Love to you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment