Friday, March 05, 2010

The Zoo- first time this year

First, there was apparently a virus on my blog yesterday/today.  Not sure how it got there, but it was attached to a statcounter I had on the blog.  I removed that and virus left too (I used the instructions from blogger). 

Hijo and I headed out to the zoo this afternoon.  A well needed break and some family time.  I decided not to bore you with the animal pictures- instead just pictures of us.  See the bright blue sky- LOVE IT!!!  The weather was jsut below 50F, so still a little cool, but by the end of the 3 hours at the zoo, hijo and I were both happy to take off our coats when we got in the car. 

The zoo is doing some major changes- all the old parking lots are being ripped out and converted to new animal exhbits.  The zoo is getting a HIPPO.  The giraffe area is being expanded.  I am so excited and I think hijo is going to love it.  The train and carosuel were not running, they are not operated in the winter, but they start up again on the 20th- I think we might  have to go to the zoo around then.  We saw lots of birds and daffodils poking up through the ground.  Spring is coming. 

So on the pictures.

Momma and Hijo at the end of the day.  Hijo is getting close to being able to get up on the baby rhino by himself.  He refused to sit on the momma rhino.

I need to find the pictures of him from last year against this tiger painting.  He has grown so much and this picture shows it.  Maybe that will tomorrow night's post.
Watching the polar bear sleeping.
Self picture since hijo refused to take my picture

spinning coins to pay for the cat food (that would be wild cats- like leopards, sand cats, etc).  Hijo says this is one of his favorite things we do at the zoo.
Barely hanging on to the baby rhino
Rhino riding momma
Our little family- happy being out in the sun and being together.


Love to you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment