Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Soccer - Take 2

Remember these 2 posts- this one and that one.  Well, hijo asked to play soccer again- he did- on Saturday.  Today the email from the soccer place came through and I asked him again if he wanted to play on the field, with the coaches and momma on the sideline.  he said yes, so I am signing him up again.

I am praying that having done it 3 times before, having it be in the same place, with the same clothes and the same ball, he will actually participate this time.  He seems more excited about it, maybe it is being a year older? 

Soccer will start the the Thursday after Easter, so I have time to do some prep with him, we might actually stop by the place and watch a few practices so he is reminded of what it was like.  Just maybe he will play, just maybe.


I took him to the pool tonight- he had a blast playing for 1.5 hours.  Of course he and I are exhausted now. He found a friend and they played for 45 minutes together.  The dad and I talked.  Hijo had to make sure I was watching him and not the othe boy or the dad though. Funny how my little man knows when my attention is wandering.

In other news: the social worker is coming to the house on Friday morning.  Wendy's post here has me well prepared- hahahaha.  We'll have to see what comes of it.  But I found it interesting that when I mentioned that the reason I needed my homestudy sent out of state was for some possible changes to our family, she immediately wanted to talk to me about options here in our city. After having an approved homestudy in the state since June 2006 and getting 1 call for 2 sisiters that were not right for my family, the fact that I am considering looking at other states suddenly means that my state might have some situations for me to look at- it boggles my mind. 

I am not ready to talk about what might be, it is just something I am looking at right now.  We'll see where the future takes us.  I can't plan too far ahead, things change to much (as my boss reminded me yesterday). right now I need to focus on the next 3 months, work and home wise.  Anything after that is subject to too much change.  Although, it bothers me that I can not plan- even planning the worst and best case scenarios woudl be nice, but I can't do that- too many unknowns.

Before I go, a funny story from this morning:
I got up and hijo heard me.  I heard him talking to me but I could not make out what he was saying, so I told him I would be in an minute but I could not understnad him right now.  Next thing I know, I hear him coming into my bedroom. He stands at the door and asks me if his TV shows are on.   I immediately realize that he thinks it is the weekend and it is "momma days", this is not going to be pretty when I tell him that it is a work day.  Deciding that I might as well make it clear to him, I tell him that his shows might be on when he gets to Auntie Lulu's house.  I wish you could have seen him, all his enthusiasm for the day just fled from his body.  he stood there in front of me, one dejected, unhappy little boy.  he stomped back to his bedroom, with my admonishment to start getting dressed ringing in his ears.  He was not happy, not happy at all.    The evil momma in me was having a laugh- he wakes up at the crack of dawn most weekends, but fights getting up during the week- he got caught out today. 

He informed me tonight that he does not like Auntie Lulu's house.  I guess when jas graduates this May, I should start a count down to school for hijo so he knows when he no longer has to go to Auntie Lulu's house?  He does love her, I think he just wants to be home with me.  It is a shame he does not realize that school is going to be just like this, alhtough he will get to sleep later.


That's all for tonight.  Love and hugs,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. Rudy has the same problem - early riser on the weekends, and sometimes needs to be waken up during the week!

    ReplyDelete