Friday, March 12, 2010

Cooking time- "mashed" potato soup

Hijo and I cooked potato soup tonight.  He is great helper- stirring the pot and helping with the blender.   Since I love my carbs, we also had biscuits.
Hijo gave the dinner 2 thumbs up and then only ate the biscuit.  I expect he will be hungry later- thank goodness we have gogurts in the house.  the thunder is rolling through the area and I am loving it.  Hijo is not loving it but he will be fine- although there is no way he will go to bed tonight, so he'll be sleeping on the couch tonight.


The "Mashed" potato soup reciepe
6 large potatos (I use 4 since it is jsut hijo and me)
2 med onions (I use 1/2 an onion)
3 stalks celery
2 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper
2 T margarine
1 cup half and half (I use evaporated milk)
1 cup cheese - I use mozarella cheese

dice the potatos, chop the clery and onions- sautee these 3 ingredients in the margarine for about 5 minutes
add the chicken broth, salt and pepper.  Cover and simmer until the vegatables are tender.  Put the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth- I usually have to add the evaporated milk at this point so that the mixture has enough liquid to blend.
Once blended, if you have not already added the evaporated milk, add it.
add the cheese, stir until the cheese melts

Serves 4 (but I find it serves 6).

This soup freezes nicely for up to 6 months.  It will be a little watery if you freeze and then reheat- I usaully add a little more cheese or some instant potato flakes to thicken it up.

enjoy!!!!!!

Love to you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment