Saturday, June 26, 2010

Playing with friends and enjoying the rides at the Greek Festival

We spent the day with friends and while we are completely exhausted, we loved being with friends and just hanging out.  I feel completely refreshed today- a day away from most of the cares of my house and job, just watching my precious little man play his heart out and enjoying himself.  The days started with no plans, and hen I checked email and T and Y had invited us over for hte afternoon before we supposed to meet up to go to the Greek Festival.


We jumped at the chance to hang out with them and play in the pool.  I quickly got us showered, dressed and packed for a day in the sun.

Sharing the lounger chair in the pool
playing on the slip and slide
threatening me with the water balloons that we made for them.

Sharing lunch and hugs

The "sweet life"

More playing in the pool.  Hijo and Y spent 4 hours playing in the sun in the pool.  I only lasted 3 hours outside with them (T stayed outside while I went inside).  I spent most of the day in the shade, but I know that I burn red as a lobster in 30 minutes even with factor 50 sun screen.  So I was cautious.  hijo was slathered in sun screen too, as it was over 90F outside today and he was in the sun all the time.


After a clean up, we walked over to the Greek festival (J and N) joined us for hte walk and the time at the festival.  We picked the perfect time to go- the crowds were down, and it was in the later afternoon/early evening. 
Little Man had to fish - he caught one and earned a prize "Elmo"

Then it was off to ride the motorcycles

The cars
And the pirates chest.  M, 2 friends of Y from preschool, Y, Hijo and N.
Hijo and N- they rode all the same rides and had a great time.


More motorcycles

And we finished the night wit dinner: gyro for me, tomatoes for Hijo as he did not like the shish kabob that I got for him. Then desserts- Greek pastries for the boys and baklava for me.  The walk home was tiring and hot, but the boys enjoyed themselves and it was a great time together.

We made it home tonight and I cooked hijo some dinner and now he is sacked out on the couch sleeping and I need to get him in bed and get into bed too.  wow- this kind of exhaustion is so much better than the mental exhaustion of life during the week.

Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment