Monday, June 21, 2010

Toy Story 3, playing at church, and friends- a good 3 days

I took hijo to see Toy Story 3 on Saturday.  He had to play the video games first though- of course the motorcycle game.   He had a blast and actually managed to stay on the course most of the time.  He would have been happy to play the video games the entire time.  He loved the movie - "to infinity and beyond!!!!" I loved the movie- I think it is going to be on our list for Santa this year.




Saturday evening, we had church at La Vina.  Hijo learned about respecting his parent- which was promptly forgotten when he got home.  I think the early bedtime on Saturday and the 2.5 hour nap on Sunday helped sort his behavior out.  He is back to normal now.




Updates from the garden- the corn is growing.  According to the saying, it needs to be knee high by the 4th of July- we are well on the way to that.  Our peppers are going bang buster (really well).  I need a recipe for jelly with hot peppers.  I think that is the only way these are going to be eaten.  I know, I planted them, I need to eat them.  maybe I can ask Cindy for her hot pepper sauce recipe?  I am sure that we will either eat them all or give them away.  I find it amazing that the hot peppers are doing better than sweet peppers.


Tonight M came over to play- hijo was so excited.  She is almost 8 but you would never know from the way she acts sometimes.  She does not accept correction or being told no.  Of the 3 kids who came over to play, she was the worst behaved.  I know she is the youngest by a large amount in her family- her next oldest sibling is 18 this year, she is also the only girl in the family- but that does not excuse her behavior.  When you have 4 kids, 1 ball and 1 bat, you take turns pitching and batting.  When you have younger kids playing with you and the adult tells you to pitch the ball softly, you do not immediately hurl the ball at the head of one of the kids. There are days she is joy to be around and there are days she is not.  This was one of them.  But to her defense, her behavior was a result of her mother- I asked at 11 if M could come over tonight and if the weather was OK,  we would have a water balloon game. Her mom said yes.  When hijo went over after we got home this evening, M came out dressed in a dress and her mom followed her saying- I bathed her because we are going out in an hour.  So  M was set up to not do what her mom had agreed to earlier in the day.  I just don't get it- this is not the first time her mom has said yes to something and then made other plans and dressed M inappropriately for the activity.  It would have been better for M to be told she could not play with Bug tonight. 

On the bright side, we met the newest neighbors - they moved in next to M.   E and E are very cute- they are 4 and 5 and have a 1 year old little sister.  So now hijo has 7 girls in the neighborhood under the age of 8 to play with 1 almost 8 year old, 2 5 year olds, 2 4 year olds, and 2 1 year olds.  There is a 2 year old next to us, but seeing them outside is an exception rather than the norm.  There is 3 year old boy 2 houses away from us- so 8 girls, 2 boys.  We need more boys.  E and E asked if hijo had plastic food and a kitchen to play with in his house.  he does, but I think the kids need to stay outside at this time.  I am not sure I can handle 3 kids under the age of 6 right now in the house.  Of course, I am not sure hijo can handle playing kitchen with 2 girls at this time either.  Maybe after we get to know them better.

Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment