Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday- USA versus England

We had a great, restful Saturday.  We slept until almost 9 am.  I cleaned house and did laundry.  we picked up Pap and Mam at 12 noon and hung out at our house.  Uncle Dave came over around 1 pm, to prepare for the US versus England match in the the World Cup. 


I finished up the dessert


Uncle Dave cooked the hamburgers



Hijo and Pap played "cooties".  Hijo and Pap were not into the soccer match- Pap actually took a nap.  Hijo was more interested in the Argentina versus Nigeria match earlier in the day, so he spent the US match trying to distract me and Uncle Dave.

We celebrated the draw (1-1) score with my red, white and blue cake.  Blueberries and strawberries on top and then red and blue cake separated by vanilla ice cream.  It was great.

I realized I can do a Guatemalan flag cake very easily for Guatemalan Independence day on 15Sep2010.  And hijo asked for a green and yellow cake, so we are throwing a World cup party for the last match on 11Jul.  If you want to join us, please leave a comment and I'll send you the directions.


Love and hugs,
Momma.

1 comment:

  1. We want to join you!!!!!!! But alas, we can't make it on July 11. Or maybe we can? Wait, I have something July 9th, but maybe we could make it... Hmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete