Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup Soccer!!!!!!!

The World Cup began today.  I was able to listen to the 2 matches while working (which is not something I recommend- I missed all the goals in the first game and I was clueless to the outcome in the second game).  But Saturday is the USA versus England.  So I will be able to watch that game.  Bug is looking forward to it too.  In honor of the match, we started our red, white and blue cake tonight.


1 vanilla cake recipe- half the batter colored red and the other colored blue.  each half baked for 15 minutes.  The white layer- vanilla ice cream.

The sandwiched cake is in the freezer tonight.  Tomorrow, Bug and I will add a layer of whipped cream and a US flag made from blueberries (stars) and strawberries (stripes).  It will dessert tomorrow as we have Uncle Dave and Mam and Pap coming over.  Hamburgers on the grill, corn, salad from the garden, cake and Soccer!!!!!  A perfect day. 

Come on USA- we are rooting for you.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment