Tuesday, June 01, 2010

3 years as a family and counting!!!!!


The porch swing photos-



June 2007
21.5 months old (almost 2)



 June 2008
Almost 3



June 2009
Almost 4




                                                                          June 2010
                                                                          almost 5


we are starting our 4th year as a family- it does seem like yesterday I was in Guatemala to bring hijo home.  But it seems like it was a life time ago too.

I don't miss the first days we were a family- but I do miss the time we lost as I learned to be a parent.  But I would not trade where we are today to go back to get those moments back.  They are the past and we have moved on- into a brighter future. 
I miss Guatemala- I miss the people, the lansd and most importnatly the friends I made.  I know hijo misses Guatemala- the family he left. 
Tonight he asked me if he grew in my tummy.  I am grateful for 3 years of reading so many other people's responses to this question, that I was able to easily tell him that he grew in his first mother's tummy, but we are a forever family.  I used a lot more words- but I don't feel like writing them out for the whole world.  It satisified him for the moment and that is what matters.  So the questions begin and I know it will be years of questions coming back to the central point.  I am grateful for continuing relationships with hijo's family who might help provide some answers, I am grateful for the searcher who has tried valiantly to locate hijo's first mother, I am grateful that doors remain open and that there is still hope. I am grateful for a life that is filled with a little boy who loves me with all his heart.  I am grateful to be a momma.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Family Day! Love the pictures and that Mickey is still such a part of them!

    ReplyDelete