Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the way to a momma's heart

As I was cooking dinner, I was thinking about what I wanted t write tonight and then hijo walked in to the kitchen and said the following:

"Momma, you make the best stuff- the best quesadillas, the best apples, the best watermelon smoothie, the best everything."


well, the world just stopped and I picked up my hijo and gave him a huge hug, cause he knows the way to his momma's heart. 

And that is all I have tonight.  Words to remember on those days I struggle, words to remember when he is "too old" to tell me he loves me, words to remember when he is all grown up.

I love my son, I love his heart, I love his spirit and his appreciation of my cooking.


Quesadilla:
1 tortilla
2 pieces of American cheese
butter the outside of the tortilla, put into a hot pan, fold the cheese on top of the tortilla, fold the tortilla over and cook like you would cook a grilled cheese sandwich.

Apples:
Let you son choose the red apple even though you dislike them.  Cut into quarters, then cut the quarters into thirds, put 6 slices on your plate and 6 on your son's plate

Watermelon smoothie
cut up watermelon ( I don't know how much to use as I used the the watermelon already cut up from the weekend).
4 ice cubes
put everything into the blender, blend until smooth. 
pour into a glass


start to finish- dinner was on the table in 15 minutes. My kind of dinner when we are running late in the evening.

Serve this as dinner and make your son a happy boy.


Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. You are a hero to your son! :-)

    Thanks for the easy recipes. I think even I can make them.

    Love,.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete