Sunday, March 27, 2011

catching up- sort of

Sunday, I finished the quilt top for E's quilt.  E would be my friend E's oldest daughter.  I still have to sandwich it and quilt it before 31Mar to stay on my goal of finishing a quilt per month this year.  I am not sure it is going to happen, but more on that later.

Tuesday, I was able to attend Bug's last field trip this year.  No pictures from the planetarium, but these are the kids waiting to go inside.

They also got to build simple machines in the L.ego lab.  Bug thought this was the best part.

Wednesday, we had the blessing of spending time with Hermano and his family before the funeral activities started.  And it was a blessing to be with them and to just watch the boys.  It helped me to focus on life instead of death.



Bug is closing in on 4 feet now in height. He is growing up fast.

Hermano is also growing, though he is not quite as tall as Bug. 

We took Hermano and his parents to our favorite pizza place after seeing the fish.

Thursday, All 12 of my grandfather's kids after the funeral

Another view.  After we left, I realized we should have gotten pictures of the grandkids (51 of us), and the great grand kids (44 of them- this is Bug's group) and 4 great great grand kids.  Not everyone was present, but the group photos would have been impressive.

The "exciting" news after all this- by the time we got home after the funeral, I had a fever of 101.5 and it went up to 103.2 before the night ended.  I spent Friday with a low grade fever around 99 degrees, resting on the couch.  I love my doctor, who with one phone call on Thursday (day of the funeral) called in medicine for me.  Now if I could only get Bug's doctor to do the same.


Sunday, we celebrated Uncle Dave's birthday. You know Bug had to help blow out the candles.  After everyone left, we took a 3 hour nap on the couch.  I am exhausted after 20 minutes of doing anything- cooking, cleaning, being awake.  Work this week is going to be hard, just because I am not feeling anywhere near normal.  Bug heads back to school after being off for 3 days. 

So that is our past week.  Hopefully things start looking up soon.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment