Thursday, March 31, 2011

an update and Happy first day of the baseball season

I took Bug to the park today.  He has been sick for 4 weeks, but is finally feeling better and needed some run around time.  I am sick though, so it took alot out of me to be outside today.  But Bug is worth it and after having a sick momma for the last week and playing inside everyday while I try to rest on the couch, he really deserved a day to do what he wanted.

he rand and around and played for over an hour.  Then I took him to an indoor play area and he got another 20 minutes of play time.
And now he is asleep in under 5 minutes.
Today was also "Opening day" for the baseball season.  It is a huge deal here- we have the first professional baseball team and it was the 135 year for open day celebrations.  Our city has a big rally and parade before the game.  I think next year, I might take a day off work and take Bug down to see the parade (if the weather is nice).  There have been years it has snowed on opening day!!!!

I am not usually into baseball- though I used to be as a child.  But Bug will be starting T-ball this month.  T-ball is the first level of baseball.  I cannot believe I am subjecting myself to 2 months of a night of practice and a night for a game.  I really don't like baseball games.  But I have heard, T-ball is seriously funny to watch, since the kids are still learning.  My goal has always been to expose Bug to as many sports as I can, so that he can find sports that really interest him.  He and his buddy Little M appear to be on the same team, so life will be good for us. Bug gets to play with a friend and I have a friend to talk to while the boys practice or are playing their game.

Sickness: We don't know what I have, I suspect that Bug had it first except he never had a fever.  I have had a fever since Thursday.  I can got it down to 99 over the weekend , which was down from a high of 103.2 degrees F.  My doctor put me on a new med on Monday, and my temperature is around 97 right now. But I have other stuff going on that leads my doctor to believe that I have a mono type illness with a bacterial infection.  Not fun at all.  I ma exhausted all the time.  My doctor asked me if I wanted a note for work so I could be off for 1 or 2 weeks.  Right now I am pushing through.  I prefer to have a diagnosis before I worry about any time off.  but my doctor has said that I need to rest (does he really understand what being a single mom means???) or I am going to end up being sick for 6 months. 

I am hoping the lab results come soon, I want answers. 

Well, Bug is sleeping and I need to go sleep too- I pushed too hard today. 

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment