Friday, March 25, 2011

saying good bye

no pictures from the funeral.  It was a long 24 hours.

Wednesday evening, we had the layout/visitation- 5 hours for the family.  Bug and Pap stayed for 2 hours, and then headed home. Bug did great playing quietly with Pap in the backroom, though he did come out to see Grandpa Joe at one point.

On Thursday, we had the funeral.  I had a reading of intersession to do and bug came with me.  Also, all the grandkids and great grandkids brought up flowers with the communion gifts.  I think most of us were there.  51 grandkids and 44 great grandkids, minus a few.

There were some brief words at the grave site, but I think everyone was too cold to say much.  we had warm temps early this week, but on Thursday it was 33 degree F and light snow was falling. 

After the funeral, we had a reception at city Hall.  The City declared 24Mar2011 "Joseph H day" in honor of my grandfather's years of service to the community and his 6 years as mayor.  The flags were all at half mast.  I found out that the priest who said the funeral mast was Grandpa Joe's cousin. 

It sad but a good day.  Grandpa Joe is with Grandma Janet and with Jesus. 


Bug and I got home around 2:30 and I was sicker then ever.   Bug's 3 week battle with whatever he has final got me.  Only I got the fever, 103.2 degrees F at 7 pm.  This morning I am much better, though exhausted.   Bug and I are going to stay home, in our jammies and watch movies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment