Friday, March 18, 2011

Just catching up

Bug and Baxter on Wednesday.  Bug has/had a cold on top of his allergies.  He has been napping every afternoon this week.  Well tonight the 'gunk' started coming out of his eyes- so he has "pink eye' in both eyes (conjunctivitis).  The doctor called him in a prescription for eye medicine.  Of course Bug has no other symptoms- no fever, no vomiting, no diarrhea.  He is just tired and has lots of sinus drainage.  UGHHHH, I can not wait to notify school of this, since he has gone to school every day this week.

Baxter soaking up some sun on Wednesday.

And enjoying dinner on Wednesday.  Bug told me Baxter likes fish- so he got gold fish crackers.  Bug was happy to share and yes, Bug has a mouth full of food.  The boy is like a chipmunk with his food.

Baxter spent Wednesday sleeping in my office in Bug's old car seat.

Today, I went to school and read to Bug's class and shared treats with them.  Bug choose "Hot Rod Hamster" for me to read to the class.  I think they enjoyed it.

Bug passed out treats to his classmates.

One happy boy that both Momma and Pap came to see him at school. 

Mam is still holding vigil with my grandfather.  I can not believe that he has hung on this long.  I took some clothes over to my mom today and glanced in the room where my grandfather is, it was just like seeing my grandmother back in 1997.  My grandfather is not there any more and the change from earlier this week is incredible.  There is just a body there, a body that is slowly dying.  I am sad, but I am drained from this.  I cannot imagine my mother's emotional state, though she seem fine today.  I know there is not much time left, but it seems to be dragging out.

I really don't know what else to say. 


Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment