Thursday, April 28, 2011

Butterflies and double rainbows

The sun was shinning today.  So Bug and I and some friends headed out to see the Butterflies.  My thought was to go during the week when all the kids would be in school, but as we drove up to the Butterfly show, there were 5 buses lined up and kids getting off.  Very disappointing.  But we got in and Bug was excited to go hold some butterflies.  Little M went with us and he took some time warming up to catching butterflies, but he caught on and had a great time.












After the butterfly show, we walked down to the overlook to see the river.  On the way, Bug and Little M found a phone booth- I did not realize there were still some around.  The funny part, the boys could not figure out how to get out.  But they thought it was cool.


Bug was supposed to have Tball practice tonight.  Now we have had something like 13 inches of rain this month, at least 5 inches this week, so I could not believe that there would be practice.  I called his coach and left a message and got no return call.  I called the head guy and I was told that practice was on, and he was heading over to the fields then to set up for another game that was being played (on the second field).  The fields were total mud pits, and it had started raining as we drove over.  But we sat there waiting for the coach to show up and I am glad we did.  Because as the thunderstorm moved to the east, these double rainbows came out.

What a great day!!!

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment