Saturday, April 02, 2011

family time

Today was just family time.  Pap and Mam came over.  Pap, to help me prepare the lawn mower for the cutting season.  Much like last year, Bug was the chief helper.  He has moved up to helping to add the oil.

After he got bored and he saw me digging holes, Bug decided to help me.  I was digging holes for the 2 apples trees that will be shipping to our house this week.  That will complete the apple orchard in our backyard- 3 apple trees.

Bug decided to dig like a dog.  The reason for the trees is the neighbor's yard next door which will soon have an above ground pool installed.  I have no desire to see them in the pool nor do I want the flood light shining in my bedroom.

One happy hole digger.

We also planted onions, 3 types of lettuce, carrots, radishes, peas and bush beans. I will have to watch the bush beans, because it is a little early to plant them, but I decided to give it a try.

after a change of clothes, Bug played on the swing set and practiced jumping like a bunny.


I cooked dinner on the grill- YUMMMMMMM


That was our day.  I am exhausted, but it was a good day.  Tomorrow, I need to cut the front yard.  With how I feel, there is no way I can cut the front and back yard on the same day.  It will Wednesday or Thursday before I can cut the back grass.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment