Monday, April 18, 2011

what have we been doing????

it has been a busy week.  Bug spent last Thursday playing with friends and then playing Tball.

I am sorry about the quality of the pictures- I deleted my photo memory stick before every loaded up and these are all I have. 

The funny thing about this part of practice is that Bug and Little M chased after a ball, and both of them ended up in the only mud hole in the field.  Thank goodness, I had clothes in the trunk of the car that we were taking to hermano on Friday.


Little M had a fun time sitting on Third base.  He lost interest at 1 hour into practice (the normal stopping time), so the last 30 minutes was a lost cause for Little M.  But I know 2 mommas who are getting upset that practice is unorganized and going 1.5 hours instead of 1 hour.  This momma especially is not happy that Bug is worn out on a school night and getting to bed very late. We did the schedule for the games.  They are on Friday nights and a couple are at 7:15 pm.  That should just be lovely in terms of behavior given that some kids go to bed at 8 pm (Bug). 

some water to cool down.

The change of clothing

Saturday I took Bug to see RIO.  Had I known the entire movie was one big innuendo, we would not have gone.  This is a movie that will not be on our 'to buy' list.
But Bug had a great time riding motos and came in 3rd place in one of his games.

Sunday was Palm Sunday.  For the last 2 years I have forgotten that the kids march in during the worship songs.  This year I was determined that Bug would see me and that I would get a picture (yes, if you have not figured it out, I am one of those mommas).  The kids came marching in waving palm branches during the first song and Bug was second in line.  he was so happy to see me.

Then I ran up front to get a picture of praising while the band was playing- again, I am one of those mommas.


We came home and Bug played toss-across while I cleaned out the garage.

Bug played with Little M and had a great time.


And today, I finished the quilt top for my bed.  I love this fabric.  I used it for Nigua's quilt when Bug and I became a family back in 2007, and I loved it.  So I bought some more and the quilt has been waiting. I am going to have to take the quilt to the basement to pin it because the living room is too small. I think I have figured out how to quilt it- it is going to take a few days at least.

 Bug starts Spring Break on Friday.  they got back the days they should have to make up.  I had to planned to be Guatemala, but with the uncertainty around Bug's school days, and my work scheduled added on top of the cost of airfare- we are staying home.  But the savings for next year have started- we are going back to Guatemala. 

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment