Wednesday, April 20, 2011

why you can't believe a 5 year old when you ask him questions

Today was "special visitor" day at Bug's school.  I was certain that there would be some sort of presentation to the parents, grandparents and visitors.  So I have been asking Bug about it for the last 2 weeks.  Every time I asked him if he was learning a song or practicing something, I was told, emphatically "No, MOM".  which just goes to show that as a parent, don't ever believe your 5 year old.  Thank goodness I took my camera.  Bug was the line leader for the boys in his class- he loves this job.  He just noticed me, Mam, Ms A and Little M when I snapped this picture.  If I could have gotten the face he made a second later- hugest smile, you would know he was happy. 

As part of the presentation, the kindergartners told the story of creation, Bug was day 1- the day God created light. He was so excited to have us all there watching him.


Bug is the second one in on the second row- this is all 3 kindergarten classes singing.  Bug was busy talking.  He does not sing in public that I am aware of.  He does sing in the car, though.

I think he was mouthing the words here.

Little M and Bug at snack time.  We had a cookie, some punch and we got to play BINGO.  OK- this is my thought, clearly the catholic schools have a vested interest in getting kids hook on BINGO early.  Bug did not like the game at all. I might have to try a variation on the game this summer to see if he likes it more.

After school, work and homework, we went out to play.  We finally had some sun!!!!  It was very cool.  I think I freaked the girls mom out by putting them in the tree - but I loved the blossoms, the green and the happy kids.  it is a great picture.

The kids then found the tree they could climb without me helping.  They were happy campers.

And silly

Bug and I headed to our favorite store to buy some paint, which also meant there was some tractor riding expected.  Bug now wants to move all the levers and he is strong enough to do it now.  Thank goodness the keys are not in these and they don't have gas.

There were lots of tractor sounds being made as he "drove" the tractors.  It was cute, though the adults who came by while Bug was playing were not too sure.  I still think Bug is the cutest thing every when he lost in his play time.  There is something completely joyful about watching him be such a boy and loving every minute of driving the tractors.  We tried out a push lawn mower, but Bug still does not have quite enough strength to move the mower.  So the idea of Bug being able to cut grass next year (under close supervision) is not going to work out.  I guess I have 2 more years before he can cut the front grass at least.
Bug has one more day of school before Spring Break, which means I have one more day of work.  Tomorrow looks to be the best day of the next week- no rain.  I am still thinking Guatemala is looking great.  Now if I could win the lottery so we could afford the tickets. But next year, definitely.

I am off to try to get some sleep since I was up last night due to the storms here.  Nothing like sirens going off in the middle of night and tornadoes about 20 minutes south of us to keep me up.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. What is it with passersby when kids are having fun in public? I've always loved the sounds kids make when they are playing happily. I admit it's gotten me into trouble with Mean Girl during lunch duty, but one of the best sounds every is a kid giggling with abandon. Bug looks like he's having a great time on the tractor. Who cares what other people think!
    And as for singing in public. Until this year, I'd have mini panic attacks whenever I had a song on my lesson plan. I'd freak out to sing in front of my class. And forget singing in the choir in camp. I always mouthed the words! (I'd even lie to get into the chorus in the camp play and then mouth the words the entire time.) Now that I have a little one who makes me sing Twinkle Twinkle just about the entire supermarket trip, I'm not as timid about singing in public. :)

    ReplyDelete