Tuesday, April 26, 2011

finished the kitchen painting and praying for friends

I finished the painting today- actually we finished painting today.  This is toward the end when I had finished painting the upper area above the cabinets and was pulling off tape.  Bug, by this time was down playing with a friend.  It still looks blue to me, but tonight after dinner, I finished pulling off all the tape and it looked green.  I really like this color.  I have a feeling this color is going to end up in a certain bedroom that is purple.  Of course it will be another year or 2 before I get to that room since it houses my home office right now and I am not moving everything in there out for a week or 2 to complete the painting.


on sadder notes- my friend T contacted me late last night with news that her grandfather had died.  My prayers are with her and Y as they go thru the funeral and settling grandpa's estate.  I got word tonight that another friend is holding vigil by her significant other brother's bedside as he is dying.  My prayers are with her and her family during this time. 

Bug and I are off to the allergist tomorrow to determine next steps in treatment of Bug's allergies.  We will likely be stopping at the store afterward to pick up some pillow covers and mattress covers too.
We are scheduled to get another storm tonight and more rain tomorrow.  We have had the wettest April on record here and with a little more than 2 more inches of rain, we could have the wettest month on record.  The local weather forecasters are stating we will likely make the new record tomorrow night.  My front yard looks like I never cut grass last week and the back yard is well on the way to also looking like a jungle.  I am dreading grass cutting on Thursday.  My poor lawn mower is going to be overwhelmed with all the grass.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment