Monday, March 23, 2009

Playing in the with best friend

We headed out to the park this evening to enjoy the great weather. We met up with T and Y and their dog Sully (Sullivan).
After the park, we headed to McD's for toddler dinner- for both the kids it was a drink and apples. They ignore their protein (chicken and hamburger respectively). I guess I should not complain that Bug eats any fruit you put in front of him. Heck, we came home and he asked for Pineapple for dessert/snack.

These 2 are just the cutest thing. Y was busy looking at the people coming behind us, so even though she is saying CHEESE, she refused to look at me.


Off to see the ducks

Today I was reconsidering my decision to put off getting a dog until Bug is at least 6 years old, but then time with Bug, Y and Sully showed me that we are going to wait. T is a better momma than me, I don't think I can handle a puppy and a pre-schooler at the same time. We might consider a rescue dog, but I think I am going to see how the summer goes and then start researching. My uncle retired as a vet last year and he said he would help me choose a dog that fits our family.


The kiddos tried out the paddle boats (in dry dock - or on land)







Some guy gave the kids bread to feed the ducks, he actually gave it to me to give to the kids. Then he offered to let the kids stand so it looked like they caught fish. As you can see, they are bewildered as to why these fish are dangling in front of them. I was laughing inside so hard, because the last thing I want is for Bug to discover fishing. I don't like fishing at all. It was something I was required to do as child and I really never enjoyed it all. Bug can fish so long as he throws back every fish he catches and his bait is baloney sandwiches.






Throwing bread to the ducks. Bug and y were way more interested in eating the bread. I even brought bread for them and they still ate that. I think the ducks got about 1/4 of the bread.















See- crumbs on Y's moth and stuffed cheeks on Bug









Having fun on the slide.










Goofy little buddies.











Showing me that he still likes to climb the monkey bars and he can do it all alone.



















it was a good day.
Love to you,
Deb










1 comment:

  1. Rudy is the same way with fruit - he will eat it anytime, anywhere and often prefers it over many other things. I wonder how much of it is their early years and if they ate a lot of fruit with their foster families.

    ReplyDelete