Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tie Dyed teeshirts

We had a full day today. Mam and Pap came over for dinner and toddler entertainment. Pap delivered the entertainment- one watch, some afternoon sun and a toddler going nuts over the reflection on the wall. Who knew that toddlers are just like cats.



The spot on the ceiling- it is lighter white patch in the middle of the ceiling.

Bug also took Mam and Pap downstairs to play trains. it is interesting, Bug wanted to play trains today, but I was doing laundry (and yes, laundry needed to be the priority)- because I would not stay downstairs with him, he would not play with the trains. He could hear me upstairs and I was up and down the stairs doing laundry- but I was not right there. So with Mam and Pap in the house, he had a audience for his train playing and he was in heaven.







In the morning, Bug and I worked on Easter presents for Popi, Mireya, Susi, Karla and Nigua.

Tie dyed tee shirts. It was a mess - liquid every where




Wrapped up tee shirts. They have to stay this way for 6-8 hours. Now, take a good look at the amount of liquid you can see. I was thinking we would be lucky to have shirts where you could actually see various colors based on the "black" color of the liquid once Bug got done pouring the dye on the fabric



My hands after we were done. My gloves had holes in them and I ended up being the one with hands to show for our craft.


These are some of the tee shirts. I was very disappointed in the saturation of the color- or the lack of saturation as the case may be. We have one more step for the tee shirts- I hope to get that step done tomorrow and get the package out to Guatemala on Monday or Tuesday.




This is actually the shirt with the most color on it.

This one looks like it has the most, but the back is completely white.
I was very disappointed in this kit. I think we will stick to buckets filled with water and dye instead of bottles of dye.
We did have a good day. We are off to toddler otterville tomorrow with the other single moms.
Love to you,
Deb














No comments:

Post a Comment