Sunday, March 29, 2009

Toddler Otterville with the single moms

We had a busy afternoon- playing with friends. This was an interesting day because Bug actually let me sit with the mommas and play- he could see me through the window, but I was far enough away from him that he could not easily touch me or talk to me. He played for 4 straight hours.

And this is the proof- one sacked out boy in the car on the way home. We stopped for dinner before heading home because I knew this would happened. We spent the evening cuddled on the couch watching a movie. The face painting will be explained later. Bug playing in the water- he spent a good part of the afternoon here. Birthday parties would come in and out and he would keep right on playing.








So face painting- the paint is grease sticks used in the theater productions. Bug has avoided this area all the other times we have gone to Toddler Otterville. Today, he was fascinated by the face paint. he was very seriously putting it on- it was caked on.



Half way done and so proud of himself.










Bug played in the store too. He was behind a wall and could not see me. I guess having a great time and really being into play means I am not the chief playmate any more. It was nice to sit with the mommas and talk, but it was sad not to be his choice of play mates. I think if Y and N had been there, I would have been sitting right beside him. The other mommas today all have kids who are older. It was great to talk- but disconcerting to be out of Bug's reach for 3 hours.






The first hour- we played trains- and yes I played. Bug looks so much like a little boy here. Not a baby or toddler any more.




Toddler Otterville is expanding- they are taking over the toy store they are attached to. So in the next year they are planning to have ponies!!!! Bug will love it. We also found out that they have working firetruck on site and it shoots water. Oh my. I think we will be coming regularly during the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Deb:
    We are very happy to see how much activities Nene does every day. We feel so proud to see him painting, shopping, reading, playing, and being such a smart boy. You are a wonderful mother because you know these things are helpful for him to be more intelligent than he is. We wish you happy Easter.We miss you and love you both.
    Familia Pineda Cáceres

    ReplyDelete