Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Y spends the night

Update 1:

They were not asleep when you called- we have the second crying session of the night- this one is more intense. Y is getting lots of love although she does not want either Bug or I to touch her. Got her calmed down- Mommas always come back is a powerful set of words..



Update #2 9:48 pm:

I hear snoring from the bedroom- this is a good sign. Y cried for 10 mintues, settled down and then cried about 10 minutes later for another 10 minutes. Too cute the snoring- it sounds like baby bears in there.



final update for the night 11:02 pm:

The bears are still sleeping, although the snoring has stopped. Y woke up once crying for you, but I rubbed her belly (she was sleeping face up) and whispered to her that I love her and momma ould be here in the morning and she drifted back to sleep. I had to take the blanket out of her mouth- she had stuffed it into her mouth- I think that was the cause of the snoring. here is a picture of them sleeping- the room was dark (nightlight is on as is the hall light)



Seriously, the final update 3:16 am:

Y has woken up 2 times- but gone right back to sleep. Bug woke up once and requested to come back to Momma's bed- which is where he is now. Momma slept alone for 1.5 hours and has not been back to sleep since Bug came into my bed. I think I am channeling my mother lately. This lack of sleep is not good. I have been out in the living room for 45 minutes and I am feeling tired. So I am going to try to sleep now.

Y came over tonight- her mom has a project going live tonight, so Y is spending the night. Bug's first sleep over. All of this post is info for T so she knows what happened and how Y is doing.





We had chicken and broccoli rice with cheese and chocolate milk for dinner. Bug ate all his and Y ate about 1/2 of hers. Y did drink 2 full glasses of chocolate milk.















After dinner- it was play time- marching and flag waving





Some TV watching









a ride around the coffee table







A ride through the kitchen and house



Some puzzle time





Pretend talking on the phone







Construction time







Having a good time







Pretending napping on the couch after eating some animal cracker cookies (Y asked to save hers and I put them in a plastic bag for her to have tomorrow)









Tucked into bed together. We read a story, said prayers and I left the room







One more picture to show you she is happy.









I left the room at 8:10 pm- Y informed me at 8:11 that she needed to go potty- I refused that request because she had just gone at 8:08. Bug informed me at 8:12 he was thirsty- I refused that request as he refused to finish his milk while watching TV. They have been in there talking off and on since I left the room. Y cried for about 2 minutes after bed for you- but I assured her that you were coming tomorrow and that she was safe and loved while she was with us tonight. Bug also was trying to comfort her- although he was apparently making her mad. I have had to ask Bug 2 times to leave her alone- as I hear her saying No and Bug lets me know he is putting a blanket on her.


They seem to quieting down now. I am going to try to get a picture of them after they fall asleep so you can see that all is well.




They did a good job sharing tonight. Bug really struggles with sharing but he is catching on. They are both good kids and are very sweet together.




Y is fine, Bug is fine and I think our night will be uneventful (knock on wood).




I am off to do some work of my own- but I will post an update before I head to bed.




Love and hugs,


Deb





























2 comments:

  1. They certainly look so sweet together! How nice of you to give such a wonderful update for Y's momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, they are precious!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete