Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My mother is a saint

So, I was talking to my mother this morning and mentioned reading the blog that I wrote last night. I appreciate that she does not come right out and laugh at me and she listens to my thought process and then she tells me that I am clueless. I do love her for this trait- she lets me living denial long enough to let reality sink in and then she tells me why my thought process is slightly off kilter.

So, back to the amount of clothes that I think Bug needs- he definitely needs more then I listed, but not so much as he now- which includes stacks of clothes he has outgrown sitting on the floor. And the stacks are why I view him having too many clothes. So I need to take the clothes to Goodwill or give them away and then we will be fine again. I think the transition to new seasons is what does us in- I have to clean out his closet and find everything he doesn't fit and then think about what he needs.

Which as of today included 2 more pairs of jeans (now he has 4 pairs he can wear), one pair of docker/khaki pants (they are too cute), 6 pairs of shorts (3 for Auntie Lulu's house), 6 new shirts (cause they were too cute), 2 pairs of shoes - one of which is yet another size bigger than he current shoes, I guess I should check the older shoes for fit, and 6 pairs of socks. I think we are set for the moment- although according to my mom, this is not enough to get through the summer. So we'll take it one day at a time and I will see how things work out at this point.

Also, while getting Bug some new things- I finally found 2 pairs of shoes for me. 1 pair of sandals and one pair of causal shoes.

So we are getting there, now if the temperature would finally change to Spring weather instead of cold, yucky, edge of winter weather.

Love to you,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment