Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2 more days and she is here and it will be Bug's birthday

Random photos from today Bug being himself on the couch. This is what an almost 4 year old looks like when he has been awake since 5;30 am and has had no nap during the day. he looks pretty tired.

This is what momma looks like on the couch preparing to post pictures to the blog as she tries to ignore the repeat on Dora or Diego. They really need to put some different episodes on - I am of the same ones over and over again.
Lunchtime- sunflowers and butterfly bush by the garden shed.


I really like these sunflowers- I think they are called 'Indian blanket". I do think I want to plant some usual yellow ones with these next year just for the contrast- but this was nice too. Bug likes the color- of course, he likes just about anything that is red.
I am at the point that I am ready to move Bug's birthday to another month- maybe we should celebrate half birthdays instead of the actual day of his birthday. here is why:
1st birthday- he was still in Guatemala and I was unemployed. It was very hard to be away from him because his birthday marked the first month of average timeline of 4-6 months from referral to being home. And we all know how that went.
2nd birthday- he was home 12 weeks and his birthday doubled as his welcome/introduction party. It was stressful just from the standpoint of lots people, and me putting lots of expectations on myself.
3rd birthday- I locked 5 studies in 8 weeks leading up to his birthday, including 1 the week of his birthday that I took on after a co worker was in an accident. Locking databases or studies are never stressless and 5 in 8 weeks was very hard on me and Bug.
4th birthday- that would be this one. I have an issue at work that should have been resolved on Monday and now is looking like it carry over the weekend- All hell broke loose at 3 pm today and I think the next 2 days at work are just going to be more of the same.
So maybe if I move Bug's birthday to April, then he would get a stress free momma for the few days before his birthday.
This really sucks that I just can't enjoy his birthday, maybe one day there will be no work issues the week of his birthday and we can just enjoy the weekend. But I am thinking not. Maybe I need an attitude adjustment - but then again every one has work issues at some point.
I am just complaining in an effort to vent some stress- it will be fine, but it just sucks right now.
Love to you,
Deb



1 comment:

  1. Happy early birthday to our dear friend Bug and his craaaaazy momma! :-) Hope it turns out to be absolutely wonderful.

    BTW, I came across a book about single mother adoption I thought you might like. It's "The Red Blanket" by Eliza Thomas.

    Hugs,
    Ann and Elianna

    ReplyDelete