Thursday, August 20, 2009

Photos of the last few days.

I have been remiss in getting pictures up on the blog. So I know there are folks who are in Bug withdrawal right now.


Popi, Mireya, and the girls sent Bug a tool belt and hard hat for his birthday and Bug decided that today was the day to wear it. He was helping me measure fabric for Mariposa's quilt.
Mariposa and R at Starbucks after enrolling Mariposa in school. We go tomorrow to register for her classes.

Dinner after Bug's birthday- with vaca Momma and Daddy and Hermano. Mariposa was amazed that kids eat free and she was amazed at free refills on drinks.



Playing with M tonight. I actually locked us out of the house, so we were waiting for Mam and Pap to come bring the extra key so we could get back in the house.


Checking to make sure that Mariposa is watching.





Mariposa taking photos of our garden.






Bug "tagged" her so she would run after him.






Mariposa is getting ready to tag M and Bug as they play tag.






A surprise sunflower in the garden. I love it.









M and Bug fighting for the same space. Not really, but it looks like it.








Se- they are having fun.









round and round he goes, where he stops, no one knows.







































We went to the mall on Tuesday night, bug enjoyed the rides as always.














Playing with Mariposa on birthday night- he got hot wheels and insistent that Mariposa build it for him and play with him.



















































We are settling in- it has been hard to realize that I was unprepared for the impact to our schedule. It is hard to figure out the best fit- so Bug has gotten to bed late late all week as we figured out the new "normal" for us. It is still evolving, but we are getting there. I think it will be better once Mariposa has school during the day- she is quite bored here at home while I work. It is hard for her- she can't really watch TV or listen to music because I am on the phone. School starts in a week, and I have some help from volunteers for her next week, so she can get out.
Life is good and we are settling in. being a mom to a 4 year old and a teenager is certainly different, they are my "kiddos" though. New things come up each day that I would not have thought of. But it is all good.
Love and hugs,
Deb
















No comments:

Post a Comment