Monday, July 12, 2010

Boston - Day 1

Hi Baby-

Momma thought you might want to see what Momma sees as she heads into Boston.  First, momma had a long time flying today- her plane sat on the runway for 2 hours before we were allowed to fly out of our home town.  Then when I got to Charlotte- I had 5 minutes after getting my bag plane side to run to my gate to catch my connecting flight- I missed it.  but there was another flight taking off 10 minutes later and I made that one.  Finally in Boston, 2 hours late, I was feeling very sick.  But the day started to be better, the taxi driver was so friendly.  The ride to the hotel was the best ride in a taxi I have ever had here in Boston. 

To get to the hotel, I have to go through a very long tunnel- it goes under the river and the city.  Most of the 20 minute drive is in the tunnel.  The taxi driver told me the colored tile on the wall tells you what you are under- red is the city, blue is the river, etc.


There is lots of traffic in the tunnel- it bothers me/scares me sometimes.  But this taxi driver was a great driver.


After the tunnel, the taxi crosses the river again.  I like going over the bridge in the summer months- the sailboats are so cool.  Maybe one day we can go on a sailboat together?

I had dinner at the hotel on the balcony over looking the river.  I had a crab cake and tortilla soup.  YUMMY dinner.


Uncle Darrell sent me pictures of you with the ducks at their house.  It looks like you had a great time loving in the ducks and keeping them warm.


I am not sure I I would let ducks swim in my bath tub, but this is a choice Uncle Darrell and Auntie Lulu make.

I love you lots and I miss you.  Have a great time with the family tomorrow and enjoy gymnastics.

Love to you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment