Friday, July 30, 2010

gifts from afar and music

Today the mailman brought an unexpected package.  I opened it (addressed to me) and then realized what was inside.  So I taped it shut again and brought it along when i picked up hijo.  when he saw it he asked what it was it and I told him it was a surprise.  the next statement from him  "from Guatemala?" with a huge grin on his face.
opening the box, the jammies.  I have to say here, they were in a ziploc bag and it was so amazing to think that 4 years ago, I was sending Ziploc bags of things to him and now he is Ziploc bags from family in Guatemala. 

The transformer car (instructions included, I just have to figure it- they are in English- I am just not the technical one).  The awesome card and a happy hijo!!!





some silly photos of us.  Hijo can now center a photo while holding the camera at arm's length.  I have taught him well.


Playing with the plane that was also in the package.  It was the hit of the package, but the car was a close second in terms of what he liked the best.  It was funny to listen to him talk about the PJ's.  he comments on how he would not be cold now.  Now it is in the 90s F here with heat index around 100, the house AC is set at 74.  the AC in the car is broken, so by the time we get home, he is sweating and can not wait to get into the house.  But I guess at night he prefers to be bundled up in long sleeve and long pant jammies.


After picking up hijo and hanging out having fun, we headed over to the high school to watch the matching present their show after 1 week of band camp. Jas was in the this band last year and was hired to work with the band this year in a technical role.  So we went to support Jas.  The band was awesome and hijo and I agreed that we are coming to watch the football games this year so we can watch the band.

it should be fun.

School starts in 4 weeks for little man.  WOHOOOO!!!!!!


Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment