Sunday, July 25, 2010

pizza sauce and hanging with Hermano

go back o the previous post and this is all of those tomatoes!!!   yes, after skinning them, deseeding them (although I did not do it as good as job as I should have), I made home made pizza sauce.
This is the finished product- ready for freezing.  It is not as thick as jar pizza sauce, but it smelled delicious.  we will make our first pizza on Friday night.



The sunflower bloomed.  The picture of me is to show how tall the sunflower is- it is at least 8-10 feet tall.





After church today, Hijo and I were settling into our Sunday afternoon activity when the phone rang.  It was vaca daddy and vaca momma asking if we wanted to meet them for lunch as they were over near our house shopping.  Hijo and I raced out the door to meet up with them.  A wonderful surprise.  As they were going shopping, hermano came home with us to play and the boys had a great time.




brotherly love and lots of trains.

trains gave way to playdooh.  We started with 4 distinct colors and now we have one jumbled mass of play dooh divided into 4 containers.
As you can see, play time involved the TV too- they boys listened to Nick Jr for most of the afternoon and then I watched the end of NASCAR race.  I have to say, the boys were great.  They had one time out on the couch after not listening, but other than that one incident, they played together and let me quilt.  I was at the dinning room table, so the boys were in my line of sight all the time. it was so nice to have them playing together or side by side without me having to give them ideas of things to do. 

Next weekend we are heading over to farm to "put up" corn.  I foresee lots of shucking, boiling and slicing.  but the boys will have fun and it will awesome to talk with vaca momma and vaca daddy again.

Love and hugs,
momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment