Friday, July 23, 2010

gardening and quilting

I went out at lunch today and picked another 1/2  bowl of tomatoes and then came in and searched for pizza sauce recipes so I can use them all.  Since Hijo and make homemade pizza each week, making our own sauce is great.  I picked up fresh herbs at the farmers market today.  I need to get some garlic tomorrow and the cooking and freezing can begin on Sunday. 

This evening I finished off the blocks for Little E's quilt.  I have to put another border- to make them look like they are shadowed, then do the sashing and the outer border.  So another 2 weeks of working in the evenings.  Hijo really wants to help me by pushing the pedal on the sewing machine, but I value my hands, so I am looking for things for him to do while I quilt.  I think I am going to end up quilting while he sleeps.


continuing the theme of loss and acting out- I realize that it is just not an adoption issue.  I need only look at my sister to see the result of too many changes in our early lives.  We moved almost every 18 months- by moving, I mean from one military base to another.  We lost friends forever (I can not find them on facebook or any other social network, so they are lost at this point).  We have memories of leaving toys behind due to weight limits.  Today, my sister still does not handle change well.  She longed for living in one location and she made sure her kids never had to change school districts.  She has not reacted well to them growing up, and she is not reacting well to her time with hijo coming to an end.  I see it.  She and I had to have a talk this week about what things will look like in August because I will not have the excitement of starting school pushed aside for the negative side of this change.  I know it is taking a toll on her, but life moves on and hijo needs to have us united that school is a fun and exciting place, so he embraces the change.  There will be time to mourn and time to reflect on the gifts that Auntie Lulu has bestowed on hijo.  More on that in 4 weeks. WOW- 4 weeks to the start of school.  My goodness, time is flying by.

I am off to rest now, we have a busy day tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment