Tuesday, July 27, 2010

hanging with B and gymnastics

B came over for dinner tonight.  Hijo was off the hook as you can see.
caught in the act of trying to talk and keep my eye on hijo at the same time. 
unfortunately, hijo was keeping his eye on the camera lens.



hugs from my baby.

gymnastics- a swing-a-thon tonight.  straddle swings

straight arm swings

And finally, some push ups on the bar.  Hijo was having problems with this.  He does not like to keep his arms straight.  So the coach and I were calling him a 'wet noodle" and then he was hamming it up for us and deliberately collapsing his arms.


I noticed something significant tonight. I am in the minority at class.  of the 8 kids in the class, there are only 2 of us who watch our kids the entire time.The rest either read books, talk on the phone or watch the kids playing basketball in the other part of the gym (there is a large, heavy curtain between the sides of the gym).  I had been thinking the last few weeks that I am looking forward to being able to work out at some point when Hijo is in classes.  But then tonight, as I watched the kids light up as I interacted with them as I took pictures of hijo, I realized that my job as hijo's mom is watch and encourage him.  I can not do that if I am sitting there reading a book or working out across the hall.  I am going to ask the coaches next week if I can walk off to the side and just walk for the 40 minutes of the class - like pacing- so I can work out, but I can watch hijo all the time.  I don't want him to ever feel that I thought a book or a workout was more important than him.

5 more weeks to school starting.


Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment