Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Catching up from the weekend

Sunday, we spent the day with Y and friends, celebrating Y's 4th birthday.  Hijo had a hard time comprhending that Y was not going to play with just him sicne there were many other friends at her party.  But life was good because  A showed up to save the day



We taught A our favorite game "tickly hands" on the slide. The kids have to slide below the hands, otherwise the tickling hands will  tickle them.  Of course, occassionally the tickly hands drop lower suddenly and the kids can't escape them.  Hijo loves this game.



We had some cake and ice cream- yummy!!!!!


A is part of a lovely family

Her older sister G and Mom, L.


Y opened all her presents and then the kids headed down to break open the pinata.  Everybody got a few swings.  I was sitting on the steps (more on that later), but Mam reported that hijo helped the little kids (2 and 3 years old) get some treats when the pinata finally opened.  He is such a good boy.


Finally all the kids got yo-yo balloons.  They are like water balloons but on rubber bands and much stronger balloons.  Hijo loved it.

.


I spent the latter half of the party really feeling aweful- sick aweful.  I was thinking it was the heat and sun, but it turned out to be much more.  By the time we got home, I was running a fever and having gastro-intestential issues.  These carried over into Monday and I spent most of the day and evening lying on the couch hoping that hijo did not get what I had.  iI was sure he was going to get it since he spent Sunday night curled up next to me refusing to play while I kept begging him to play with his cars- no such luck- he had to be right next to me squirming around and making me feel sicker and sicker as he tried to comfort me.  Luckily, I am feeling much better today, although I am watching what I eat. Hijo does not seem to be getting what I had, so there is a blessing and answer to prayer.  I will say, it was the quickest way to loss 4 pounds of weight - but not the healthiest.

Love to you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment