Wednesday, April 21, 2010

random stuff- with no pictures

Some Momma thoughts:

1. Who forgot to tell me that the bottomless pit that boys are supposed to turn into as teenagers starts at age 4?  Hijo is an eating machine right now- dinner tonight 4 scrambled eggs, 2 cups of watermelon and 2 cups of tomatoes!!!!!  Dinner another night - an entire small cheese and pepperoni pizza and 2 cups of watermelon.  It is not every day that he eats like this, but it at least once or twice a week He is not gaining weight, but it scares me that he can eat this much at 4 years old.  I think a major growth spurt is coming.  I was so sure he was growing, I measured him tonight, but he is still 43 inches tall and 40 pounds. maybe later this week the growth spurt will be complete.

2. He goes constantly when given the chance.  Today he spent the day with my parents as my sister was sick.  My parents looked exhausted when I arrived to pick hijo up.  We came home and cut the back yard and filled another garden bed- 1.5 hours hours of work.  No breaks, just straight work.  Hijo was asleep in 5 minutes.  Tomorrow is soccer- he will be asleep in the car on the way home, I am sure of it. I am starting to think like my dad that we need to figure out to harness all this energy.

3.Hijo has been officially accepted into school!!!!!! He starts school 9 days after his birthday.  Right now we are on the count down to the end of this school year- or at least cousin Jason is - it might be the whole "graduating from high school thing", but we are all counting down with him.  Then begins the countdown to starting school.  Wow- where did the last 3 years go?

4. We are coming up on 3 years as a family- WOW!!!!  I wonder if it will ever cease to amaze me?  I just can not believe that it is passing by so quickly.  I remember when hijo came home and I was looking toward the future and hijo starting school was SO SO SO far away, yet here it is now.  I hope that I have stopped and enjoyed the last 3 years, but sometimes I think I have not.  I need to be more focused on the moment as a family- although maybe looking forward to some of the behaviors ending might be OK.  But I have heard that each age has its challenges. So maybe I should just be content.

In any case, we are living for the summer right now- but prepping so we can enjoy- some gardens, some work around the house (pictures tomorrow) and some other projects I have going.

Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment