Saturday, April 17, 2010

The zoo- flowers and animals this time

We headed out to the zoo this morning.The zoo blooms were in full swing and I needed some time with just Hijo and I.  The weather was on the cool side, but bright and sunny.  Thanks goodness I decided to change my shorts before we left the house.  It was colder then I thought it was going to be.   As I look at the picutre of me that Hijo took - I am really going to get breast reduction surgery done when I win the lottery (yea, the lottery I never play).  One day though- they are coming off. 

Back to the zoo.

The best part about going first thing in the morning, is that there are very few other people there.  We pretty much had each area to ourselves.  
The tulip- 90,000 tulips were planted in the fall at the zoo- I love the colors- lots of colors. 

We saw the screech owl- who knew it was this small????

The monkeys were busy talk to each other. 
Hijo wants to make sure we do not see the howler monkey nextyear when we visit Guatemala again.  he does not like the howler monkey at all
He does love the tigers- the white ones (just over his head).
The bengal tigers  getting warm in the sun
And of course he had to growl like a tiger.
The lions were sunning themselves too.

We saw the new manatees and hijo actually volunteered to sit on the alligator statue!!!!
The merry-go-round was next with a ride on the tiger (of course) and the wolf, complete with hwoling like the wolf


Then we headed over to see the elephants and found this little statue- which Hijo loved.
He then made his displeasure known when I tried to get a picture of us with the elephant.  The bright spot of this photo- I completely wowed the couple next to us who could not believe that I was able to take this photo justby aiming the camera at us while holding it in my hand, apparently not being able to look through the view finder must mean that one can not operate a camera.  The skills I have learned as a single mom are really impressive. (that was a joke)

Some more awesome flowers

Another picture proving Hijo's displeasure at my picture taking attempts.

The conceeded/obligatory family photo.  He is sucha  goofball with pictures.


And then our day was over at the zoo.  Of course, Hijo then wanted to ride the rhinos out front and I actually got him up on the big rhino.


After church tonight- hijo wanted to ride his bike- oh yes he did.  So we headed out.  He picked the route and did fine until the hill, the big, long hill.  Suddenly, he forgot how to stop his bike and took his feet off the pedals and attempted to put his feet on the ground.  That only served to send him into the grass, toward the parked care and then out into the street.  Thank goodness for his hoodie- as that is what I managed to grab before he hit the car.  After that he was not too sure about the bike thing, but he stuck it out so long as my hand was on his back. 

Of course coming back up the hill, he walked his bike instead of riding it.  I am seriously considering taking the trainning wheels off the bike.  They seem to slow him down.

Oh well, I am tried and ready for bed.  Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment