Saturday, July 04, 2009

Cupcakes and the Zoo

First thing- this is the fabric for "Miracle's" blanket that I am working on- 5 colors: polka dots with all main colors, mint green with a leaf design, pink with a random design, yellow (no design) and lavender/purple. Better shot of the other colors. So S- will these match? I cut the fabric tonight and will start sewing this week- should take 2 weeks to do it all. Maybe once it is done, there will be happy news from court.
I think I am channeling my domestic goddess tonight- because I decided that ice cream for dessert tomorrow (we are celebrating the 4th tomorrow with all our family) was not good enough. So I made cupcakes tonight. I was going for red, white and blue icing- but instead it looks like one of those internal organ diagrams for high school. Well, they are tasty as Bug and I ate one for snack


I like these- before I added the red- this design could work for Guatemalan Independence day.



Bug prefers them just like this and he prefers just the tops.




Bug took a 2 hour nap on the couch today- he fell asleep when we took Mam, Pap and Jason home after dinner. he did not wake up when I carried him from the car. I figured he worked hard today- we raked leaves when Pap trimmed the magnolia trees at his house, then we did stuff around our house and then he played with Pap.



We had corn for dinner- Bugs favorite and we are having it again for dinner on Sunday-Bug is so happy.







Mam, Pap, Bug and Jason having dinner. Jason came over to carry things to the basement as we cleaned out Mariposa's room. he is looking to earn money for various things and so I hired him to help. It was a great help because going up and down the stairs to the basement is exhausting. I got to cook and Jason carried boxes.







The zoo yesterday. I think half the city was a the zoo- probably since many companies gave folks the day off. i actually heard someone complain about all the families who came to zoo on a usual work- there was no room for the stay at home moms. I do not understand why women have to make family time a competition- should we all get to do fun family things regardless of what role we have???


Wendy- these next few are for you- I hope you had your coffee before reading this post.Love you ;)

























This is C- we know her from the local Guatemalan families group. It was so nice running into er at the zoo. She is such a kind, considerate, wonderful girl. I have lots of things to say about her but they seem silly and contrived when I write them- suffice ti to say that I hope Bug grows up to be the type of person that C has grown up to be. She is an awesome role model for the younger kids.











Bug and momma on the train- Bug was not happy that someone else was taking out picture.













Tortuga (turtle) Bug













Riding the camel













Giving the tiger a kiss
















Roaring like a tiger- RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
















Loving riding the tiger.


















The black rhino that just arrived at the zoo.














Polar bears- This year is the most I have every seen the polar bears moving. Someone is doing something right.






















The giraffe came right up to where we were standing. This is the best pictures we have gotten of the giraffes.


















Looking at the elephants- Bug is eating peanut butter crackers. You would think I never feed him with as much as he is eating right now- of course, I measured him today and he has grown half an inch- now 40.5 inches. Not much, so I am wondering if we have a growth spurt coming soon. Thank goodness it is summer and shorts weather.








Love to you,
Deb

















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warning! Those statues are so life-like!

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete