Sunday, July 26, 2009

Working at the Car Wash

We worked hard after church today and Bug was hungry. So for lunch he got blueberries, homegrown tomatoes, mandrin oranges and wheat toast with peanut butter and jelly. YUMMY. I had the same lunch except for the oranges. Running under the water. for some reason, Bug thought that the water would not get him. He was not happy when the spray got him wet.
See- AHHHHHH. Of course, it does not help that Momma "moved" the spray to make sure he got wet.

Wringing out the sponges


A clean car




Bug is supposed to be wetting the car and filling the bucket- he does what he wants most days when he is given a task.






Wetting the car




he decided that the bottle brush (for baby bottles) is a good tool for the side of the car.








Getting the car wet so we can wash it.





usually I take the car to the car wash, but I really want to get rid of our debt and that is one thing we can do at home instead of paying someone else to do it. Besides, Bug had a good time.
On that note, today's message in church really spoke to me. I have said for a while that I wanted to get rid of our debt but I continue to make decisions that take us further from that destination. I need to make intentional choices to get us to the goal of reducing our debt.
Choice one: Bug is not getting the bunk bed. he has a perfectly good bed- of course he does not sleep in it. SO why should I buy him a bed that he will not sleep in? Also, while the bed is a good price, I would have to buy another mattress, bunk boards (like box springs for bunk beds), new sheets for the extra bed. So in the end, it is a want not a need. If in a few years, Bug wants a bunk bed, then I will shop around for one at that time.
When I talked to Bug about this today- he told me that he likes my bed best not his bed and not bunk beds. So he was not disappointed.
we are off to the park this evening.
Have a great evening.
Love to you,
Deb





No comments:

Post a Comment