Friday, July 24, 2009

what the room used to look like

So I thought I would show everyone what the room looked like thru the years I lived here.

Bug took this photo- ignore the angle. We all know this one- Cream top, dark green stripe and pale green bottom. This was the color I painted it in June 2004 when it became my office and then it became Bug's nursery. I liked it- simple, neutral, easy to match things to it.

BUT
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


when I saw the house and moved in, it was a garden. I don't have a digital photo- but I have this picture from a scrapbook- the walls were pink with cream dusted on to it. The bottom of the walls and baseboards were a garden. I liked it when I saw the house the first time- it was winter and I was ready for spring. But a year of living with convinced me that the garden needed to go.
It took 4 coats of primer and 2 coats of cream to cover this garden. The baseboards have never recovered- one day I should just replace them. The door was even painted as a garden. One day I will replace that too.


Now we have the pinky/lavender. I like it and I hope mariposa likes it.

Love to you,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment