Sunday, July 26, 2009

Playing at the park- news for Mariposa

We headed out to the park this evening. We headed to a park that we usually don't go too as there is no shade on the play equipment (the slides and swings get very hot) and there is no shade for the momma to stand in. But the park is close and has a great path to ride or walk on.


Bug spent lots of time playing with the kids- there must have been about 10 kids and Bug was right in the middle. Of course, we had to swing. he still likes the baby swings- he can go higher!!!! This park has the swings set higher so his legs actually look OK. He is getting a little big for the baby swing. I think by the end of this year he will not be able to fit in them.
He is trying to do this, but he is not quite there yet.

And of course, he had to Superman swing



We did take his scooter to the park- there is 1.2 mile path (about 800 meters) for walking, biking and skating. Bug did about 3.4 of the path on his scooter (yes, I was trying to wear him out today)





2 bridges















I saw a lot of this. I think in the future, I'll bring his bike, my bike for Mariposa and roller skates for me. Then we all can do the path.
While we were there, I noticed a mom talking to her daughter (about 19 months old) in German. I started talking to her and she indicated that they are moving into the area. I got her phone number and after Mariposa arrives, she offered to help Mariposa by giving her someone to talk to in German. I think we can meet at the park a few times and then have them over for dinner once we get to know them better.
I am excited.
I am off to bake muffins for our breakfast this week. Bug has requested cranberry/orange muffins. I also have to clean the kitchen tonight.
Love and hugs,
Deb















No comments:

Post a Comment