Friday, July 10, 2009

First show momma had to attend

Today Big had his first activity that I had to go too- and YES, I had to go. The VBS session he attended with Auntie Lulu had their closing ceremony. I set my expectations low- I figured Bug would either stand there and do nothing or cry and end up in my lap. anything more than that and I would consider it a success.

of course I am going to keep you in suspense while I force you to look at other photos. cousin Jason as the Croc dude. Don't ask me names- Bug never told me names and they were not on his papers he brought home each day.
"mouse" Bug- not sure exactly what animal this is- we will refer to it as mouse


And here it is- all the other kids dancing- they are really and Bug standing there looking at them.


Showing me his shirt- it says "fear not" their key verse for the week.


Not to sure about this





Oh- yes, he did interact with me- silly face for mom




content face. Notice he is sitting in a helpers lap- that was his spot. Another little boy wanted to sit with her and Bug let him that he was not moving.






The other kids participating- Bug standing there watching. Of course this is a just an excuse for me to take a picture of the cute baby butt he has.








With Helper and Auntie Lulu- still not sure about this.









Walking in- before he saw me. Yep - he looks so excited.


I will say this was the oddest set up for a closing ceremony. The kids sat facing the front, meaning their backs were to parents and grandparents. Very odd. At the end, people were getting up and moving to get pictures and videos of their kids of singing and dancing. As you can see, due to Bug's lack of participation I was able to stay in my seat.
It was a success though- Bug did not break down and cry, he stayed with his teachers and class and he participated Bug style.
I took him and Auntie Lulu to lunch afterward and then headed back to work. it was a good break on a Friday. And it give me hope that we can try some summer camps next year so Bug gets used to new situations before school starts in August 2010.
Love and hugs,
Deb




1 comment:

  1. He sounds so much like Levi at the same age. I am still worried about school this fall but he has to go sometime. Inch by inch our timid little guys make their way in the world.... H

    ReplyDelete