Friday, July 24, 2009

Painitng Mariposa's room- first coat of paint

We started painting tonight. I think we will get done tonight too. right now we are taking a break and letting the first coat of paint dry. Bug was the official pictures taker- some how we have 45 pictures on the camera and only about 15 are painting pictures. I will spare you the pictures of Bug's nose and other body parts, close ups of hats, shirts and tables. he has a unique perspective- I will say that.


Bug sends this note to Mariposa- "Hi"= yes he spelled that all on his own and yes he had no clue what he was writing. But he got it right. Momma ready for painting
Working with Jason. I did the cutting in and Jason and Bug filled in the middle

Silly Jason- trying to scare the readers and making silly faces for Bug



The painters. We were just getting started.


The boys painting. Too precious. I remember when Jason was this little. Look what an awesome young man he has grown into. I am so proud of Jason- he is a wonderful cousin to Bug.




HAHAHA- I thought it would be easy to not tape off the green stripe- what a mistake. the stripe is now narrower because I had to back and tape it to cover where I was not painting straight. But hey- it will look good.






My Bug- helper extraordinaire. he was a great help- he really listened and did what he needed to do. he is getting this helping thing down pat.







here is the room- you can see where I went back to tape the green stripe. This is coat 1 and I thin we need one more coat- so a little bit of a late night, but it will be done.





Mariposa- we hope you like it. Love and hugs,
Deb, Bug and Jason




1 comment:

  1. I love it!
    It's beautiful!
    Thanks!
    Mariposa

    ReplyDelete