Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snowy fun

We had an interesting day. Bug stayed home with me today due to the weather reports. With the snow scheduled in during the day and rush hour predicted to be a mess, it was the better choice. Bug did great until lunch time. Then we ran out for some lunch and that got him out of the "momma is working" mindset, so the afternoon was a series of minor meltdowns as I finished up work.

On the bright side, I did not have to go pick him up from my sister's house, so once I was done working for the day, we headed out to shovel the driveway and play in the snow. I got Bug to sit in a tree to get this picture. I have been trying for a year now to get him to sit in the tree- so I am happy. Perhaps he will do this each season and I can get a series in the same tree?
A black and white photo of another tree- I like the look of the snow on the trees, but I am not so happy with the black and white look to the photo.

This one is much better- you can actually see the snow coming down


Happy family. Bug had a great time in the snow.




he found a walking stick while we were out. he was exploring the snow.



This is his idea of helping- he shoveled the snow back on the side walk and spread it all around. Oh well, it meant more fun in the snow as I took my shovel and dumped snow on him.





Getting ready to throw snow at me again






So I buried him in the snow. he loved it!!!!!!!








He took his bucket to dump snow on me. Instead as he flung the snow, it went all over him. I was laughing and so was he.








A snow angel- for Trina.








Making the snow angel. I have him all his beach toys- shovels, buckets and sifters and turned him loose in the yard. He was loving it.












Momma's shovel. Bug quickly realized that I could get more snow on him then he could get on me. So he launched buckets of snow at me.

getting some snow
The little shovel- the snow would fall off before he threw it at me. But, again, he was happy and so was I.


Earlier in the day, Bug did some waterless painting and because I was not paying attention to him during a conference call, he decided to paint his face. The look he got from me must have told him that he was in big trouble when got off the phone, so he went and washed his face. he got the stuff off the front of his face, but this was left on the side. it really was cute, just not appropriate during my meeting.


Right before he painted his face, while I was preparing for the conference call.

some more painting
And the backyard as the snow began.
Tomorrow we should back to be to our usual routine.
Love and hugs,
Deb
















No comments:

Post a Comment